Create small, smart, connected devices faster with the Topaz i.MX25 CPU module.
Reduce Development Time and Cost
Focus on your product, not on complex processor design
When you start a design using Topaz, you eliminate a big piece of complex and risky design work.
There is no memory interfacing or power supply design work to be done.
You can also forget about having to lay out multi-layer boards with several
BGA chips; that work is done too and it’s all packaged into a module that is easy to integrate into your final design.
Start writing your application, not porting an Operating System
Don’t spend time writing low-level C and assembly code,
or spending hours bringing up your prototypes.
Topaz runs Windows CE, Linux and the .NET Micro Framework out-of-the-box.
Choose the OS you need, the tools you know,
and get to work on the features your customers are looking for.
Get started on real hardware
The Topaz Development Kit provides a platform for evaluating and prototypingnew designs.
Common features are available on the board and expansion connectors make it easy to
add application specific components.
Ready for Production
Place the Topaz CPU module just like any other electronic components.
Production is simple and there are no additional costs for connectors.
The right mix of parts for your design
Topaz supports the range of i.MX25 processors,
different RAM & flash sizes and temperature ratings,
so you can choose the right mix of features at the best price for your design.
Contact us for details on module options.
- Freescale i.MX25 applications processor including ARM926EJ-STM core at 400MHz
- 32 – 128Mbytes Mobile DDR
- 128– 512MBytes NAND flash
- Freescale Power Management IC
- Input voltage – run off USB or Li-ion battery
- 10/100 Ethernet (PHY included on Topaz CPU)
- 2x FlexCAN
- High-Speed USB OTG
- Additional Full-Speed USB Host
- 2x SD/SDIO/MMC
- 2x Smartcard/SIM
- 5x UART
- Configurable SPI
- 3x 12-bit ADC
- 1.8V and 3.3V General Purpose I/O
Graphics and User Interface
- Display controller optimized for up to 16-bits-per-pixel SVGA (800x600)
- CMOS/CCD sensor interface for camera or video input
- Resistive touch screen controller
- Keypad controller
- High-assurance boot (HAB)
- Secure counters
- Volatile key storage
- Robust tamper detection and secure key erase
- True random number generator
- User programmable e-fuses
- Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3
- Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.1 in development
- Linux in development